FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
We Have outlined here a collection of the most asked questions to help you get the information needed as quickly as possible. If you need further clarification or help in setup, contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact tab on the website.
ORDER / SHIPPING DETAILS
All products ship from the USA / FL.
During summer months we use Prime-fulfilment for USA domestic shipments. Depending on location this is a 1-3 day service. This excludes Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and USA territories. These are considered International for the shipment purposes.
International shipping is handled by DHL Express with 2-3 day typical delivery. We have a good relationship with DHL Express and can offer low rates to most anywhere in the world.
International shipping charge is depends on the destination. Sometimes DHL adds a huge “remote area delivery” upcharge in which case USPS Priority International can be used. You may contact us to arrange it.
We accept the following:
- PayPal payments with or without account.
- Credit Card payments via Stripe
Orders are instantly sent for fulfilment and will typically get delivered within 1-3 business days
International DHL Express shipments take typically 1-3 days to reach. Some exception for remote areas can take longer. Canada orders are typically delivered the next day.
We use PayPal and Stripe payment processors and never control, store or see any of your CC payment details.
You will be able to continue using your perfectly capable home theater sound system / sound bar / headphones supporting all the latest audio formats from your TV using eARC.
SHARC receives audio from TV via eARC channel and converts the incoming audio formats suitable for the existing sound system that has no eARC support.
Additionally eARC audio using PCM can be output via the analog line-level outputs as well as head-phones output.
ZONE-2 has similar functionality as SHARC eARC Audio Converter but adds another port for repeating the eARC audio to another eARC capable audio system.
In practice, it means you can have ZONE-2 extract the audio into another sound system without interfering the main path from TV audio to the main receiver.
As an example, you have an eARC TV sending audio to your Sonos ARC sound bar. With ZONE-2 you can keep this connection and extract to split the audio to another audio system such as as another room or a local subwoofer amplifier.
Additionally eARC formats using PCM can be output via the analog headphones output.
SHARC and ZONE-2 cannot add new formats to what the sound system is capable of processing. However, more than likely your Audio System already can process all formats needed. TrueHD/DTSMA lossless audio was introduced in early 2000’s and ATMOS was introduced in 2012. If you have an AVR made after 2012 you probably already support everything needed for the most advanced audio.
Even without ATMOS support (pre 2012 amp) you will get uncompressed LPCM as well as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA which are for most all practical purposes all you will need.
The problem that SHARC and ZONE-2 fixes is that even though your audio system fully support all formats they won’t be active and used without our products.
SHARC Audio Processor has a dedicated digital audio/video output capable of up to high bit rate audio formats such as Dolby MAT Atmos, DTS-X, DTS-IMAX, TrueHD, DTS-MA.The video signal carrying these audio formats is selectable either 1080p or 720p signal.
The separate optical output is capable of up to 192kHz encoded bitstreams, such as DD+ or DD+ Atmos. Optical output also supports PCM stereo signals.
EARC standard supports automatic delay compensation to keep the audio and video in sync. SHARC Audio Processor automatically sets the delay up to 170msec delay. The amount of delay is dependent on sample rate of the audio track. For example, 192kHz audio max delay is around 42msec whereas 48kHz signal is around 170msec. All delays are handled automatically.
Currently delay applies to EARC received formats that are stereo PCM as well as bitstream formats up to SPDIF maximum (typically up to 192kHz DD+).
High Bit Rate audio formats (such as Dolby MAT, TrueHD, DTSMA..) cannot be delayed.
The setup is very simple
- Connect eARC/ARC capable TV input port to the SHARC port 1) labeled “CONNECT TO TV eARC/ARC PORT”
- Connect one of the AVR/AMPLIFIER/SOUND DEVICE inputs to the SHARC port 2) labeled “CONNECT TO SOUND SYSTEM INPUT PORT”
- [OPTIONAL] Connect optical and analog audio outputs to their corresponding devices.
- Connect the USB MICRO power cable to a 5V/0.5A power source or to any of the available USB ports on your TV. Do not exceed 5V. You can use any 5V external power supply as well and keep Sharc/Zone2 powered at all times.
- Select the corresponding AVR/AMPLIFIER/SOUND DEVICE input port where SHARC is connected
- Remove any connections from AVR/AMPLIFIER/SOUND DEVICE output to the TV (to remove CEC loops)
- Turn on TV, ensure CEC control is enabled and eARC/ARC is active. CEC is sometimes called SimpLink/etc depending on TV model
- Start audio streaming source, e.g. Netflix / Prime video / .. and listen to audio
Depends on TV. Connecting AVR to TV creates a CEC loop which is traditionally not supported in a CEC network since only a single audio system is allowed. Some TV models allow this and some do not. In practice, expect not to be able to connect the AVR to your TV. All sources must connect directly to TV. In case more sources are needed you can purchase a simple $30 switch to handle non-2.1 sources but you should not expect to be able to use AVR for source switching.
SHARC aad Zone2 Audio Processors operates from 5V voltage level. The current draw is approximately 200mA for a total around 1W power consumption in EARC operating mode. Do not exceeed the 5V voltage. You can use any external 5V power source as well and keep the product powered at all times.
The upper LED is the power indicator. It will be solid GREEN when power is applied and firmware is running normally.
The lower LED is a status light with the following patterns:
- SOLID: EARC-mode is setup and running
- SLOW BLINKING: ARC-mode is setup and running
- FAST BLINKING: FAIL handshake / TV off
DIP switches are used to modify the default operation as described below. Both products SHARC and ZONE-2 have the DIP switch options
- DIP 1: ATMOS MODE
- UP: all ATMOS formats ok
- DN: Convert MAT formats
- DIP 2: RESOLUTION
- UP: Output video 1080p60
- DN: Output video 720p60
- DIP 3: CEC WAKEUP option
- UP: Type 1 (default)
- DN: Type 2 (use if default is not ok)
- DIP4: DELAY
- UP: eARC dynamic lipsync control
- DN: Fixed delay 40msec
There will be firmware update packages when custom capabilities and operations are requested. They will be posted on the main website here under the “Firmware” section.
SHARC supports HID USB updates. Do not use a USB HUB but use the motherboard connected USB for all updates for stability.
Update instructions are included in the packages along with the updater.
- Check the LED operation to indicate mode
- Check the color of the video background to further indicate the operating mode.
- Check cables are connected in correct way. SHARC must connect to the “EARC/ARC labeled port on TV. Always use the included EARC cable as some cables might not include the EARC wires inside.
- Check TV operating mode. CEC must be enabled (sometimes called Simplink/etc..)
- Select EARC/ARC audio output from the TV audio setting menu.
- Analog audio is only supported during EARC mode and using PCM signals from TV. Change the TV setting to “PCM” under TV audio setting menu.
- Ensure the DIP1 is at HIGH/OFF position. This ensures the maximum capabilities of the connected sound system are used.
- Check your sound system/AVR supports ATMOS sound. Some AVR support DD+ but not Atmos.
1. Make sure both Sharc LED lights are solid GREEN. This means a succesfull eARC connection is established and audio is streaming
2. Make sure Sharc Port2 is connected to one of the INPUTS of the AVR/receiver/soundbar and that you have activated this input.
3. Disconnect any device connected to the output port of the AVR/receiver/soundbar
4. Do not connet AVR/Receiver/soundbar to any of the TV inputs (this is an advanced setup and creates an unsupported CEC loop – contact Thenaudio for help with this)
For support, contact email@example.com or get in touch using the “CONTACT US” button on the side
Each product has a 1-year warranty from the delivery date and a 15-day return window. For returns, shipping charges both way are not refunded. Each return will incur a 5% restocking fee to cover for the PayPal/Stripe fees.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain an RMA number prior to returning.